Tuesday, June 19, 2007

'i love Jesus, but i drink a little'



- a co-worker told me today that i'm halfway amusing 90% of the time.i'm 10% convinced that was something like a compliment. - i finally did it. i watched A Lovesong for Bobby Long. what took me so damn long?- i'm moving into my own house on march 1st. the plan right now is to rent it for six months then buy it. i know. i have a lot to write. i'm trying not to get too optomistic at this point yet.- Becky is having a baby brother or sister in April and i desperately want to be there.- i miss Mike real bad. or rather, what i thought we had.- i haven't decided what's more important, saving to buy furniture or saving to buy a pet.- i think Becca's gonna let me take Bon Jovi with me. we are very close, BJ and i. - my sister J.L. is giving me a dining room table so BJ will have a place to sit.- my sister Maggie is giving me a rocking chair that's been in our family a LONG time. ♥- our pastor talked about something so horrifying at church on sunday, that i'm hesitant to even repeat it. but apparently, there is this new movement to get people to damn themselves to hell using you tube. these people give instructions on how to blaspheme, they say that you can damn yourself however you want but you must use certain words denying the Holy Spirit. then they go on to explain the consequences of denying the Holy Spirit. Becca and i were practically in tears. it was the last day of our series on Identity, and subject was, ironically enough, Recognizing the Holy Spirit. The pastor had woken up at 3 in the morning unable to sleep. while channel surfing infomercials, he heard that on CNN i think. he was so disturbed he looked it up. obviously, he didn't share it at either saturday night service (he didn't know) weirdly enough, he didn't share it at 9 am service. 11 am service (that we go to) was more packed than i've ever seen it, even at Christmas. i wonder who was there. - on saturday, i drank a whole bottle of wine, plus one glass of wine, plus four cocktails. around midnight, i was praying for death.- on a completely unrelated note, i'm joining my church this weekend. for the first time in my adult life, i will be a member of a church. so excited.- my job is kicking my ass. i think i've reached the "resigned" stage. i'm so much better than i'm coming across. i was not made for data entry.

6 comments:

tuciefamily17 said...

thank you for this. All of it. It's you and I've missed you. and the title of the post rocks. an icon is in order .... (it's been awhile since I drank a whole bottle of wine, but I know it sounds worse than it is. It's really not that much. Only 4 glasses.)

daarioeiprofdcia said...

you're getting a house?! Whoo! How exciting! And joining your church--awesome. I loved hearing all this!

jouorjas810 said...

oh Deb, thank you. you know how to make a small person feel important. :)an icon would be SO awesome! (thanks for posting that by the way, it made my week!)

roooytooinez6324 said...

i know... whose a grown up??? where??? i'm actually more excited about joining the church at the moment. but as (if) the house becomes a reality, that will grow too.

abouotracle22yahoocom said...

House, church, gosh thats a progression.S

ha9kebergac8yahoocom said...

yeah, but i'm still ME